My Blog List

Sunday, October 23, 2011

Still Life class #5 - Brass and Fur

This class was focusing on brush strokes - to make the smooth look of brass and feathery look of fur. I was not enamoured with this set up and had no idea where to start. Ingrid once again did a demo in the beginning of class and then continued around the class offering her expertise and suggestions. She also leaves her demo open for anyone to try what they need on it or to explain something. It is so much easier to learn with a "hands on" approach when you are a visual learner like myself. She wipes it all off at the end of the class.


This is a picture of the still life from my easel and my work in progress. It was a really good challenge and learning experience.
This is the final picture 12"x16"
oil on board
click on the picture for a larger view

No comments:

Post a Comment