My Blog List

Friday, February 24, 2012

MRU Library Art Gallery - Winter 2012 2nd painting

This is the other painting in the Mount Royal University Art Gallery's winter show. The Art Gallery displays include photography, paintings, jewelry, pottery, and a variety of art work. Judy and Joan do a wonderful and artful display that is very eye catching and draws you in for a closer look!

Lady Bug and Vase Still Life
 8" x 8" Acrylic on Watercolour paper
Double matted in a 12" x 12" black with red trim frame

I really had fun with this painting. I was playing with different shapes and shadows. When I was done, I peeled the dried acrylic paint off my palette and loved the mix of colours and shapes. I basically painted them back into the painting. It is unfortunate that the depth can not be viewed in this flat picture, it is very textural.

No comments:

Post a Comment