My Blog List

Sunday, June 3, 2012

Eagle Valley Brush and Palette Club

This is a wonderful group of Artist in Sicamous B.C. They meet every Friday at the historical Red Barn. I try to join them every chance I get when I am in Sicamous. This week they were working on water colour. They had sprayed their paper with a gold webbing, let it dry then painted over top of it. I brought supplies to work in oil so could not join them, but delighted in the process and the final outcome. Everyone's looked so different as some painted scenery, others flowers etc. Betty teaches a new process or the group challenges themselves with different instructors, projects and work individually. It is a wonderful community of artists and friends that greet me with open arms and hearty laughter.





Betty had brought this Gladiola from her garden. The colours were very striking so I used it as my still life for the day.

Betty's Gladiola
Oil on board 8" x 6"

No comments:

Post a Comment