My Blog List

Thursday, November 21, 2013

A sad "See you later" to the Pettitt Superman

"In Memory of our Superman - Clay Pettitt"
8" x 10" Acrylic on board

I painted this in an effort to release some of the sadness and shock of my cousin Clay's passing. He died suddenly of a brain aneurism leaving shock, anger, heart brokenness and disbelief. He was the Pettitt family's Superman.

The back of the board was painted bright yellow, a reference to the ray of sunshine he was in so many lives. I printed comments that friends and family had said about Clay on Facebook around song words that meant so much to his wife. Clay loved with all his heart and knew he was loved back!



2 comments:

  1. Just so touching Karen. You're a wise soul with the ability to calm others pain and help the anger you speak of. Thank you for being in our lives. Tim

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Tim, I am ever so grateful for your kind words!!

    ReplyDelete