My Blog List

Thursday, July 23, 2015

Smokey Enderby Cliffs


 I stopped in Enderby after the opening night of the 27th Annual Ribbon Show in the Armstrong Spallumcheen Art Gallery. It was still smokey from the forest fires which gave the Enderby cliff's really interesting colours. I found a spot near where people come out from rafting the river, enjoying all the happy voices. Between the smoke and the fading sun I had to paint quickly to capture the colours before they muted away. The top picture is the painting in progress and you can still see a little of the beautiful colours in the cliffs in the background. I worked on the foreground when the light was fading and the water colours were muted. Generally forest fires are not enjoyed but they do change the colours and soften shapes...another wonderful evening in B.C.


"Smokey Enderby Cliffs"
8" x 10" plein air oil on board
$75 unframed
#20023715

No comments:

Post a Comment