My Blog List

Tuesday, August 21, 2018

Sketch Stalking

I have attended "Music In The Park" in Sicamous, B.C. and "WOW - Wednesday On (the) Wharf" in Salmon Arm B.C.This is a free weekly live  music family event that I bring a sketch book to and try to sketch the moving people (also known as Urban Sketching). My sister Shannon coined it "Sketch Stalking". Sometimes I have other sketchers with me like my sister-in-law Marg. We try and sketch discreetly so we don't get to many onlookers, interests and questions. These are not portraits but as much as we can get while they are still.

The lady on the right in the family photo had come up behind me during the musician's break and said "Looks like you are sketching my family", I was pleased they were recognizable as humans never mind her family. Her grand-kids came over and pointed out themselves and who I had not drawn yet. I only had time and energy to sketch the Dad and then closed up my book. I had also done a couple of pages of partial people as they moved or left.



No comments:

Post a Comment