My Blog List

Sunday, February 27, 2011

Still Life - completed paintings

We have been working on Still Life in my art class. These pictures are ones that I did at home. I just used 2 items, a metal ladybug (a gift) and a small vase. I played with these items mainly to look at their shadow shapes and the variety of colours in the shadows (who knew?). They are all painted in acylic and roughly 8" x 8" unframed. I am going to frame 1 (or all 3) if I can't decide which one I like best and put them in my office. I also use the lunch room as a gallery so they might end up in there together for a fun trio.The blue one also had a shadow of a wooden flower that I just had to add in! It was fun to play with different angles and colours with the same subject.






 
 
 
This last one was a completed painting, but when I peeled off the dried paint on my pallette, I loved the design and colours so I incorporated it right into the painting! I love the textural effect when you look up close!

1 comment:

  1. Karen

    I don't have an email address for you or any way to contact you for the listing of people at the marketing class we took with Samantha daSilva. I've had one person (Darlene) would would like to get together in a month to go over our 'homework'. http://kennedyink.blogspot.com/2011/02/business-of-art.html Check out the link, and let me know if you would still like to get together.

    thanks!
    Michelle Kennedy

    ReplyDelete