My Blog List

Saturday, September 24, 2011

Ingrid Christensen's Still Life Course

I started a "Still Life and Figure" course taught by Ingrid last week. I am working in oil and she paints in a very loose, impressionistic and exciting way. It is a very different way for me to work.Ingrid sets up 2 still life displays and half the class paints each one. Deb from my Creative Path Artist group is also taking this course,  making it even more fun to share with our different styles.

 I am not particularily interested in either subject matter, more in the "how" than the "what". I am hoping to work on the paintings I do in the beginning of the course and finish them at the end of the course. That way I don't have to be unhappy with my work as I consider them unfinished pieces. 

This is my first effort:
First still life 16x12 Oil on birch board
click on picture for a larger view

No comments:

Post a Comment