My Blog List

Saturday, September 10, 2011

Restful Summer Memories

I needed something that would be mellow to paint, something I could lose myself in, take a mental break from the clatter in my brain. I found it in this picture Sue Bingham  took  in Chase. It was a wonderful picture of a dock ladder, very calm water and mountains that feel like they are resting as well. Sue is generous with her art of picture taking and allows me to paint to my heart's content (a huge thank you!). I hope you find it peaceful, calm and inviting memories.

10.5" x 14" Water colour on 200lb paper
White double archival mat to fit 16"x20" frame $150
Click on picture to enlarge

2 comments:

  1. This watercolour is beautiful Karen, it does look very calming and peaceful. Makes me wish I was sitting on that dock with my feet in the water, taking in the great view. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did it Karen!! You captured that calm summer morning, watching the lake wake up as I enjoyed my coffee. Great job!

    ReplyDelete