My Blog List

Friday, November 25, 2011

Creative Path Artist Challenge

Every two weeks, The Creative Path Artist group meets and paints for an afternoon at a community hall. It is a very safe environment to challenge ourselves and share our art escapades and lives. We set up challenges for ourselves and the last few times together, an artist brought a picture for everyone to paint. I brought this picture in of a bird fishing in the ocean near Sidney, B.C. I loved the reflection of the bird. I am not sure what kind of a bird it is. Once again, starting was the hardest part! I am pleased with the way this one turned out and happy I painted it in oil.



"Fishing in Sidney"
Oil on birch
11" x 14"
I bought a new tool for signing my name. It has a rubber tip on it and really just pushes the paint around. It would work better if you had a colored canvas to start with. This painting was white underneath and you can just barely see my signature in the bottom left.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful painting Karen,I also like the reflection of the bird in the water. I think this bird is a Blue Heron. Vancouver Island seems to have lots of them and they're a nice bird to paint. Thanks for sharing this one.

    ReplyDelete