My Blog List

Thursday, January 12, 2012

Cold Walk Through Fish Creek Park, Calgary

One of my very favorite Christmas gifts was from my friend Sue. She made a calendar for me with her artful photographs. She has always been generous and allowed me to paint her photographs, changing them at my whim...now I have 13 more pictures to choose from (including the front cover)!!!

This picture is in her calendar and is called "Cold Walk Through Fish Creek Park". She took the picture last year when it was -26C and everything was frozen, still and crisp (including herself). I painted part of that picture and whipped out my "artistic licence" and changed the composition a bit. The beautiful blues on the trees were in the calendar picture, not sure if Sue pulled out her licence, but I was certainly attracted to it. Gotta love it when inspiration is wrapped as a loving gift!!


"Cold Walk Through Fish Creek"
Oil on hard board
10 1/2" x 12 3/4"
OX110102

4 comments:

  1. What a nice idea for the calendar! Love the painting too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job Karen!! Love to see what your artistic eye will zoom in on. For the record, no, I didn't have to be "creative" with that picture, other than a little cropping. Just a beautiful day for pictures!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whew, I am glad you like it Sue. The blues in your picture are beautiful! As you can tell I am making use of your gift daily!

      Delete
  3. Thanks Marie. A calendar of your work would be a delightful gift for family and friends!

    ReplyDelete