My Blog List

Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Early Morning Flower Series #49 and #50


Early Morning Flower Series #49
Oil on Board 6" x 6"

click on picture for a larger view


Below is a picture my friend Karen took of me painting the last of the series...#50!  My goal was to paint 50 in the 6" x 6" format and as varied as possible.The flower is just out of view on the window pane. I really enjoyed painting these and loved the freedom a small painting provided. I used whatever flowers I could find and sometimes the same one(s) for various paintings, even as they wilted or petals fell off. It made me really look at it instead of "filling in the blank spaces" to make a pretty picture. Backgrounds were fun and creatively invented, a real trial and error with textures and colours.




Early Morning Flower Series #50
Oil on Board 6" x 6"
click on picture for a larger view

No comments:

Post a Comment