My Blog List

Friday, September 7, 2012

Swinton's Meet Up - Leighton Centre #2


Fall view from Leighton Centre
8" x 10" Oil on board

This is the second painting I did on the Swinton's Meet Up that my friend Deb arranged. Two other artists joined Deb and I at the Leighton Centre just out of Calgary for a spectacular windy and sunny afternoon. It was hard to paint and hang onto everything at once. My palette did a little flying itself hitting my back as I bent over to pick something up and fortunately landed right side up on the ground. Next time, I will wear linen and have an abstract painting when I am done. My shirt was very brightly coloured when I left! The little white dots are the wet oil reflecting, not white on the painting.
This is just a taste of the view, how do you limit what you paint????!

No comments:

Post a Comment