My Blog List

Saturday, December 29, 2012

Deb's Lily Pads - layered with epoxy



Deb's Lily Pad
12`` x 16` Oil on canvas with half inch black painted sides.
click on picture for a larger view

Yes, you may have seen this one before in another posting. I took a workshop with the FCA and learnt how to apply epoxy to paintings. At first I applied it only to the water but it made the leaves look dull. I let that dry and then coated the whole painting and added a few metallic flecks in the water that catch the light. I absolutely love it, the colours really popped with the epoxy coating. It was too reflective to take a photograph of the final painting. I have it up temporarily in our lunch room at work and it is fun to watch people get right up close to have a better look and touch it.

No comments:

Post a Comment