My Blog List

Saturday, April 13, 2013

Big Hooves To Fill - Juried painting!!

 
"Big Hooves To Fill"  *SOLD*
Water colour 14" x 19" double matted & framed to 16" x 20"
click on painting for a larger view
 
 I painted this after I enjoyed a gift of a hot air balloon ride. What interested me was how little I could see of the cows (basically just their backs) and how much the shadow described them. I loved the contrasting shapes.
 
I am really excited as this painting has been juried into the 11th Annual Juried Members Show at the Leighton Centre (just outside of Calgary). The show is called "Transcending Tradition" and will be on from April 26 through to May 30, 2013. The Public Opening Reception is on Saturday April 27th from 2pm - 4pm. Please enjoy the show if you are in the area, as well as a stroll on the grounds, the views are spectacular!                         www.leightoncentre.org

 

No comments:

Post a Comment