My Blog List

Saturday, January 2, 2016

Favourite 2015 Painting - Waiting For Playtime


It was interesting to review the paintings I had put on my blog in 2015, looking for growth, changes, colour choices and size. I was also looking for my favourite and was surprised by how many I really like, it was like trying to pick a favourite child. I liked the paintings for different reasons.

The ones I was really drawn to are the ones that I painted as gifts for specific people. While I paint I think about the person (and pets) and enjoy the whole process. My second grouping of favourites is when I paint "en plein air" or outdoors on location, all at one time. The sights, sounds, changing weather, sun and visitors passing by are all infused in the magic of the moment.

Interesting enough the painting below came out as my favorite. I have it on the wall at our cabin and because we spent the Christmas break out there, this painting commands space and attention while still being warm. Everything out there is in shades of grey and white with the low clouds and snow. This was also my largest painting of the year.




"Waiting For Playtime"
40" x 30" Oil on gallery wrap (painted 1 1/2" edges - framing not required)

No comments:

Post a Comment