My Blog List

Sunday, December 18, 2011

First Portrait in Ingrid's Class

I went to the previous class and stayed for the demo only as I wasn't feeling well. This week I was able to try my first portrait (between coughing fits). It seemed like a daunting task but Ingrid's demo gave us a starting point. Again it is not finished, but I felt it did look like the subject. I am pleased with the result within the time limit of the class after the demo.

This is my view of my easel and our model behind. This painting was painted in oil on a 12" x 16" canvas board. I am not going to wipe this one off, but keep it to check my skills the next time I do a portrait. I wish I had asked to take a picture so I could of worked on it at home. Working from a picture is certainly different from working with a live model!

No comments:

Post a Comment