My Blog List

Sunday, October 14, 2012

Sonya's Bluebird Nest #3

This is the third painting I have completed from the picture Sonya sent when I had asked for pet pictures at work. She doesn't have a pet but does volunteer work, hiking to count bluebird nests, eggs and baby chicks. I had so much fun painting the first two, I wanted to do something even more textural in a mixed media format.


Sonya's Bluebird Nest #3
6" x 6"
Acrylic and mixed media on board


For this painting I used paper, twine, acrylic paint and medium to build up layers very similar to the nest itself. I used dried acrylic paint for the eggs and built up under and over them. It was a very messy but very fun experiment. I also used acrylic liquid metal paint so it really catches the light. Now what to do for a number 4.............





 

No comments:

Post a Comment