My Blog List

Sunday, November 4, 2012

A la carte - Zebra style


"A la carte - Zebra style"
Acrylic on Watercolour Paper
20" x 14" double matted in a 30 1/2" x 23" green wood frame
click on painting for a larger view

I have wonderful friends that share their photos with me and Joan is always generous with hers. This is based on a photo she took in Africa. I had so much fun doing a smaller painting (previously on blog) that I wanted to do a large half sheet painting.

I painted the background in a similar way to a watercolour wash and was happy with how it turned out. The stripes are done in a "wet in wet" watercolour style as well.  Of course with my love of colour, black and white would not do. It is hard to see in this picture but the dark stripes actually have purple, red, orange, yellow and blue and the light stripes are red, yellow and orange!

I don't think I am done with this image yet, I will have to do another one as my imagination is still having fun with colour choices!


Check for paintings for sale on my website. 

No comments:

Post a Comment