My Blog List

Saturday, December 6, 2014

"20 Minute Warm Up" with a live model


Ingrid Christensen did a demo in the beginning of our weekly class and them we all did a 20 minute warm up exercise with a live model. Mine above is an 8" x 10" oil on board. I loved the idea of the time limit as I could not get caught up in the details. I also loved my vantage point (no real facial features) as we had our easels all around her in a circle so everyone had a different view.

We then worked on a longer pose for the rest of the class and the next class as well until we were done, considered it finished or tired of it. I found it very difficult with all the facial features bogging me down and not turning out the way I wanted. As I do NOT consider myself a figure painter, I am happy with the result in this 16" x 12" painting.


No comments:

Post a Comment