My Blog List

Sunday, December 14, 2014

"Waiting For PlayTime 2"


"Waiting For Playtime 2"
Oil on gallery wrap canvas (1 3/4" painted sides - frame not required)
40" x 30"
$1200
click on either painting for a larger view

This is one of my favourite paintings! I currently have it up in my dining room and enjoy it every time I go by. Summer and water are two of my favorite things and this painting captures them both, as well as the sense of warmth and play. This is one of the largest paintings I have done and am so happy with it.

Below is the first painting in acrylic from a reference photo showing more of the large dock system and the very small boat. I was really happy with it and found the wood panel I painted on showed the wood grooves which added to my interest. I liked it so much I wanted to paint it larger and in oil. My art friends (Debbie and Linda) suggested I make the small boat larger and leave out more of the large dock (they are sooooo art smart). I am enjoying the acrylic one in my art studio, reminders of summer with the long snowy winter looming ahead.



"Waiting For Playtime"
Acrylic on wood panel 15" x 16.5"
$250 framed in a brown frame painted to match the dock

No comments:

Post a Comment