My Blog List

Friday, April 29, 2016

2016 Self Portrait - "My Painting Face"



Well I got a lot of flack about this one, mainly from family. I worked on it again this morning but in a wonderful sun lit room and the feeling is not as ominous. Yesterday was unusually overcast and gray.


I started painting at 6:15 a.m. when my hubbie got up to get ready for work. I thought I would try and paint early as I was finding my days were filled with other things and painting just didn't get high on the list. 

A scary view at 6:15 a.m.! With a mirror on my easel, my critical brain kept reacting to what I was seeing but I just kept painting anyways. When my stomach rumbled it was time to be done. The printing on the side reads "I put on my painting face...It can take the internal and external criticism."

My 2015 self portrait is here and 2014 selfie.


"My Painting Face"
10" x 8" Oil on canvas panel
#20029416  Not For Sale


No comments:

Post a Comment