My Blog List

Friday, October 5, 2018

"Dody's Art For All" first annual retreat

 I was so excited to be invited to  "Dody's Art For All" first annual retreat at Mabel Lake's MacKenzie Camp. We were fed great food, painted and quilted to our heart's content and enjoyed wine in the evenings and each other's company.

It was mostly cloudy with quite a few periods of rain so the only day I could paint outside was working on this boat and view.


 Walking around when it wasn't raining, I took quite a few photo resources to paint indoors. One cabin had wonderful decorations scattered around their property including this tin bird, plant pots and sign. Loved all the treasures for the eyes.


The photo reference in the painting above was taken on the highway from Calgary to Sicamous, the colours seemed almost neon and layered (even the sky) in the early morning light.

 This is our happy artistic group with 4 quilters and the rest painters. "Dody's Art For All" is a group that meets weekly at the Red Barn Art Centre in Sicamous B.C. to work on whatever artistic endeavor they like. I also did a lot of sketching which I will post next.

No comments:

Post a Comment