My Blog List

Tuesday, October 9, 2018

Sketching at an art retreat

I was lucky to be invited to the first annual "Dody's Art For All" retreat at Mabel Lake B.C. MacKenzie Camp. We had a wonderful time with everyone working on their own art (quilting, drawing, painting) at their own speed. The quilter's had their machines humming and producing as early as 7 a.m. and well after midnight on most days. Due to the dim evening light (that's our excuse and we are sticking to it), the painters and drawers enjoyed visiting with each other sipping on wine. The weather did not co-operate for en plein air painting (outdoors on location) so I walked and took photo references as well as sketched daily in my book that I have taken travelling with me. It just has regular paper so paint can not be blended on the paper (which gives it a rough look).

Ink & water colour of a quilt pattern piece.






One of the quilter's tables

No comments:

Post a Comment