My Blog List

Thursday, November 29, 2018

Sketch book travels, SMA #3


 We joined a hiking group that goes out every Sunday to a different location. We had to meet at a gas station in SMA at 7:45 a.m. and everyone car pooled maximizing the amount of people in each car. 50 pesos/person helped pay for the gas. Gord and I happily joined the group on a hike we had done on a previous trip. I took as much information in about the cactus and flowers and drew and painted them as soon as I came home. Loved the variety and getting out of the city. The hikers were friendly and enjoyed themselves as much as we did.
This plant was growing along the electrical cords on the balcony above us. I loved how the single blossom was so beautiful considering what it was using to attach itself to. Tiny tendrils hooked themselves to the concrete and the shadows danced in the slight breeze.

No comments:

Post a Comment