My Blog List

Saturday, December 1, 2018

Sketch book travels, SMA 4


Colleen drove Gord and I to the monolith Bernal and we hiked as far as we were allowed to go after an wonderful and tasty coffee and breakfast. After the hike we celebrated at a roof top patio enjoying XX Ambar cervesas with tasty salsa and chips. By the time we got home it was dark and we were tired and happy.
This sketch in my book is of a local lady selling hand made dolls. She had a basket of small ones neatly lined up as well as larger ones peeking out of her full bag on her back. The colour of the walls are painted the old colonial colours as it is a heritage sight in the old part of town. Very colourful and busy with vendors, locals and tourists from Mexico and abroad.  My sketch book does not have water colour paper so blending is a real challenge. I love the warmth and memories this provides.

No comments:

Post a Comment