My Blog List

Monday, August 18, 2014

Plein Air Painting Challenge

My friend Debbie and I attended the Plein Air Painting Challenge presented by Reflections West Art and Leighton Art Centre at the Leighton Art Centre (just outside of Calgary) on Sunday. The motto was "Retreat . Create . Rejuvenate" and all three were covered well. The day started at 7am and the artists had until noon to paint. The sky was overcast and the mountains were barely in view. Below is the view and my first completed painting. When the sun did peak out, the grasses were alive with colour. I loved the rolling hill in the background so made it more dominate than what I saw. I will post the 2nd and 3rd paintings later.





"Leighton Art Centre Plein Air Painting Challenge, painting #1"
Oil on canvas board 9" x 12"

No comments:

Post a Comment