My Blog List

Sunday, July 3, 2016

Painting With Coffee

This was a fun day with the Eagle Valley Brush and Palette Club in Sicamous. Dianna Bowles did a demo of how to mix and paint with coffee. For once dipping my painting brush in my coffee cup paid off! These were painted in a water colour style but you could only touch an area 3 times before the coffee paint lifted off. I loved how shiny the dark coffee colour is almost a 3 dimensional effect.



This was my resource photo, taken off a calendar my friend Sue made for me from her artful photos (Thanks again Sue!).

As I still had time left, I decided I would paint whatever was on the page of an art magazine when I opened it up. I wish I had taken a photo of the resource so I could give credit to the original artist and show their work.

No comments:

Post a Comment