My Blog List

Monday, January 22, 2018

Standing Tall - favourite painting for 2017

This is the largest painting I have done and is also my favourite for 2017. It is 40" x 30". I finished this painting mid-December and loved it so much I had it framed. Swinton's Art Supply did a fabulous job considering the canvas support was warped (unknown to me). I recently picked it up and have put it in my front room.

I have been trying to paint on the canvases I have already bought and the shear size of this one scared me. Well I put my "big girl panties" on and went for it. With Doug's suggestions I was happy with the direction it was going and continued on. I was also not used to the large amount of paint I had to mix, especially for the water and sky. This was by far the most expensive painting I have done but very exciting to work this large (it was a like a full body work out)!


Standing Tall
39 1/2" x 29 1/2" Oil on canvas, framed
#20022118


No comments:

Post a Comment