My Blog List

Sunday, January 7, 2018

Travel Sketching - SMA to Mexico City to Calgary

Our next adventure was to travel from San Miguel de Allende (SMA) by bus to Mexico City for our flight back home to Calgary. The bus ride was 3 1/2 hours long. As I get car sick I could only enjoy the view and take a few photos. I tried to sketch the back of the seats ahead but that was all I could do.






We took a cab from the Norte bus terminal to the International Airport then had a few hours wait before our flight. The airport had the wonderful sculptures of Rodrigo De la Sierra. They make you smile looking at them.














On our flight to Calgary, I sketched the views from the bus based on photos. It is quite interesting to sketch from the middle seat in cramped quarters. The entertainment screen did not work so I was happy to have something to pass some of the 4 1/2 hour flight.


Drawn in one continuous line.


No comments:

Post a Comment